Thursday, April 14, 2016

Hey I am Back -- April 11, 2016

Hello Everyone, I am sorry for not being able to get a letter off last week. It was crazy with things that only happen in Oaxaca. We were waiting for 2 new elders to come to our zone and they got in a block off, where people who want to protest literally shut off the roads. Anyways we were trying to talk to them and get a hold of them and eventually at 12 am we found a place for them to stay and everything worked out good. But anyways the heat just keeps on rising. These past few weeks have been crazy as well. Elder Valadez finished his mission and it was sad to see him go. But I got an awesome companion from the state of Mexico named Elder Mora. He has 14 months in the mission and is a super hard worker. It is so awesome to be with him where we can just push each other to the max. Anyways in these past two weeks we had the chance to watch General Conference in the stake center in English. I loved each and every message and I could feel so strongly the love that the general athorities have for us. I am so grateful to be called by President Monson and his 12 apostles and to testify of them each and every day. I know that they are in direct communication with Jesus Christ. I know that they are the only ones who have the authority of him to lead and guide this church. And I sustain him with all that I am, that he is a prophet called of God. We have been making great progress with our investegator Eder, he has been participating in the District choir and he told us that it has helped him to know that this is the only true church in which he needs to be baptized. The power of music has a power to help people become converted to the Lord like it has with Eder. It really touched me to know that through all the stresses and difficulties and my mom always pushing me and forcing me to do everything in piano, that it has been the way that we helped Eder gain a testimony. This past week we have been out contacting and knocking on lots of doors trying to find new people to teach. It is hard and difficult work but it has helped me to realize what my purpose is here. We have changed the way we contact. It sounds harsh but when we knock on a door we simply say that we are missionaries and that our purpose is for them to repent and be baptized. We have had a ton of success with it and we have found the prepared of the Lord. I am loving the mission and am so thankful for each opportunity that I have to testify in these ways. Each of you have a great week!
Elder Mora and Elder Peterson
Watching conference in English

No comments:

Post a Comment