Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Blessing of Being a Representative of Christ - July 18, 2016

Buenas Tardes todos! Well this week was our opportunity to find the humble joy of this work here in Nochixtlan. After the miracle week that we had last week we had a lesson of how we need to continue to depend in our father in Heaven. I learned a valuable lesson this week, and that is that it is so important that we can focus on the people recieving their blessings of this gospel before we can recieve ours through missionary work. We had been so focused on trying to recieve our blessing of doing the work that we forgot that it is our purpose to be the blessings to the people and that includes in everything that we do and say. It is the way that the savior worked, not once does it say in the bible that Christ was praying for his blessings, he was praying for others and their blessings. And I am grateful for the struggles that we could have this week so that I could learn this valuable lesson of how to be a true representative of Jesus Christ. As you have probably seen, this week was a hard week for us. But it was always filled with blessings in the smallest parts. One of the greatest blessings this week was to be in church and have an investegator walk in named Eloy. He is 94 years old and lives 30 minutes away from the church. We hadnt seen him for a long time and this was the first time in weeks. He walks on 2 canes and it was amazing to see the desire that he had to learn in church. It was a small miracle that we were able to see this week. Other things that happened this week was that we were able to go to Huajuapan for divisions. While we were there we had a great experience to help a child out that was feeling sick. The grandma came out and it was obvious that she was blind. She asked if we could give a blessing to her grandchild and we did. It humbled me and reminded me of how Christ ministered to the blind and the sick and how I am a true representative of him. During this time we had a lot of time to travel and just ponder about all the blessings that we receive. As we were traveling this morning the words of a hymn came to my mind. " Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard? 'Tis not so; all is right. Why should we think to earn a great reward If we now shun the fight? Gird up your loins; fresh courage take. Our God will never us forsake; And soon we'll have this tale to tell-- All is well! All is well!" This is my lesson that I have learned this week and I am so grateful for the joy it brings to me to learn and grow in this gospel. I love this work and couldn't be happier here. Thank you for all of your prayers and support Elder Peterson
Hermana Adalina
Elder Smith and I
My lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment