Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015

Hello Everyone!! I am sorry for not being able to email you last week, honestly we have had to start scheduling appointments on P Day to be able to work our best and help people progress. I am also sorry if I cannot get back to your emails right away, I promise that I am trying my best and will get back to you as soon as I can! Anyways these past two weeks I can say that I have learned to be lost in the work. A great miracle happened last Tuesday, as I got on my knees Monday night I asked and prayed for help in simply understanding this language. On Tuesday as we went to our first teaching appointment I found that for the first time I was able to understand everything that I had never been able to understand before. As the day went on I found that I was continuing to understand everything as we were faced with difficult investegators. It was such a huge blessing as I was finally able to fully interact and learn to love the members and people here in Mexico. Some things that have happened in the last few weeks. Floricelli our teenage investegator has a ton of friends that all hang out on a street corner every night. We were late for her appointment one night and found her on this corner with about 10 kids. 2 were less active members and we began teaching all of them. To our great surprise the coming Sunday we found all 10 of these kids in Sacrament meeting and the Sunday School youth class had to teach in the chapel because it was so big. 3 new people Moses, Midium, and Melvin all have baptism dates with Floricelli now and we are super excited for all of them. David is progressing great! He attended all 5 sessions of conference with us yesterday and he loved it all and said that he had many questions answered! He is getting baptized next Saturday and has been at our door each night asking what else he needs to do to prepare for his date. Thomas is coming along slowly but surely, he has lots of questions and is a gruff older guy but we have faith that he will continue to grow in this. The best part of the week each week is the Ward Activities that we have each Friday. We usually have about 10 intestegators there each time and everyone loves it. This last activity was done by the relief socitey and there was tamales, oaxaca cheese, quesodillas and tons of other food. Unfortunatly I have somehow put on 10 pounds here and cant seem to work it off...I guess things really do change on missions! Also in these emails I am going to send my Ponderize scripture at the end for you all to go look up, this week it is Jacob 3:1!. Yes I got to watch conference and in English too!! Technology is great and it was a great blessing. My favorite talk was by Elder Bednar, it really hit home for me. THanks for all of your support!! Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment