Sunday, February 21, 2016

Adios Juchitan Hola Hualtuco - February 15, 2016

Hello Everyone! Well the transfers came this week and I know some of you might want to know what happened and where I am so I will get to that later. But first I need to tell you all about the awesome last week that we had in Barrio Tecnologico. Anyways this last week was awesome. We had the opportunity to baptize 3 people in the past week and more importantly help this family out. This past December on the 23rd we had a family in our ward that had listened to the missionaries before. Some of them were members and one of them went on a mission. The missionary had to come home for medical reasons for a time and on this date the Dad got in a motorcycle accident and died. It was devestating for this family and they were completely torn apart. 3 weeks later this missionary, Heriberto starting bringing all of his siblings to church that wanted to. And that is when we found Eunice and Evelyn. Eunice had listened to the missionaries before but had never understood the importance of baptism. We stopped by their house that night and talked to her and she accepted baptism because of the promises of joy and happiness that come along with it. There was also her niece there that was listening that her mom Iris had been a less active for a long time. We talked to them and Iris began to come to church again for Evelyn to be baptized. We were able to teach about the plan of salvation to the whole family and eventually they all started coming to church. The mom isnt a member but I hope that someday she can be. Anyways we were able to baptize Eunice and Evelyn this past week along with a teenager Moises, who we found in the street with a group of friends about 4 months ago. We began to teach him and he began to have a testimony of it all when all of a sudden he moved out of our area. 3 weeks ago is when he moved back into the area and we stopped by his house. He told us that in the span of those months he went through many hard trials in his life, and he remembered the teachings that we taught at first in how Heavenly Father is always listening. He began to pray on his own and he felt the blessings of doing so. When he moved back in to the ward he was asking when he could be baptized so that he could recieve the priesthood and prepare to serve his mission. His parents arent giving him any support for the mission but he told them that he is going anyways no matter what they say. It was so awesome to see 3 people converted, truly converted, unto the Lord this week in Eunice Evelyn and Moises. It was hard to have to say goodbye to all the members in Juchitan and thats what we did all day Sunday. Then Sunday night came and I was waiting up until 10:30 that night. Finally at 10:30 the call came for our transfers. The district leader told me that I was going to Hualtuco and I was so excited. It is the most touristy area in the mission that is famous for its beaches and green palm trees. I was excited because he told me that my companion was going to be Elder Valadez that I had heard a ton about him. Then he gave me my piece of humble pie, and told me that I was going to be zone leader here with him. At first I thought he was joking and I told him to stop joking, and he told me that he was serious and that I was going to be on a bus at 8am the next day for Hualtuco. I cannot begin to explain how humbled I am to do this and hope that I can do a good job in this. I am grateful for this experience to help me with my faith in the Lord because it is what I will need for this. Thank you all for everything that you do and I hope that you all had a great Valentines day! Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment