Sunday, November 5, 2017

The Final Letter of Elder Peterson - June 26, 2017

Hello Everyone, I cant believe that the time has come to have a letter that is captioned as is this one. This has been an amazing journey, one where I have truly felt as if I have been high on the mountain top, in the presence of the Lord, doing his work. It is something that an email or words cannot describe. More than anything, I am so grateful for this experience to have been able to come closer to my Savior Jesus Christ. In his work, I have not been perfect, just like his disciples of old there have been times that I have waivered but in the end I too, can testify that he is the Son of the Living God, that he lives, and that in him and through him we can recieve the powers of heaven in our lives and be part of those same powers in the life to come. I know that he is my brother, my friend, and that he has helped me to become something greater through the trials that he has led me through. This journey was never easy, but it was worth it because here in the end I can say that I know that my Reedemer lives. Even though this is my last email, there is still one week ahead of me in this work. This past week was a crazy one. We started out with going out to Tequisistlan all day Tuesday to be able to be out there with Anna and Obdulia. Anna was so excited to have us out there and was so excited to be able to prepare for baptism. We taught them and we started preparing the baptism for Anna. We got back to San Blas late that night. On Wednesday we were able to work here in San Blas and start preparing Gisela and Cecilia for baptism this coming week. Gisela has been really busy with final exams in school and it has been really hard to find her. But she continues on with the same excitement. Something that has been crazy is the language barrier again. On Wednesday we went with Hermana Rubi to see a less active family. We got there and they didnt speak any spanish whatsoever. Rubi translated everything for us while we taught but in the end we could understand the powerful testimony that this family had. It was a great experience. On Thursday we went out to Tequis again for Anna and in the afternoon I was able to go to Juchitan to have a farewell dinner with President and Sister Madsen and the group of missionaries that are going home this change. It was so amazing to be with them, to hear their testimonies and their love for us. They are a huge reason why I have been able to come to know the Savior, for their love and example towards us. On Friday we had our final Zone Conference with them for the whole day, and said our last goodbyes to them. We were able to sing "I feel My Saviors love" with an arrangment that I wrote. The spirit was so strong in the conference. On Saturday it was a little rough, we had the baptism for Anna planned but it turns out that she wasnt ready for baptism, and so she will be getting baptized this next Friday! We were able to see her desires to be baptized and follow Christ. On Sunday it was my last time here in San Blas. We were asked to teach the primary and each kid there wrote me a thank you note or drew me a picture. It was the first of many tears that I know will be shed in this coming week. I love these people here, I dont want to leave them, they have had a greater influence on my life than I could ever have on them. I love them. In the end, I want to thank each one of you for the support that you have all given me. Without your emails, and prayers, it would have been a lot more difficult experience. But through your emails and support I have truly been blessed. Thank you all. Taking this opportunity you are all invited to attend my homecoming talk on Sunday July 9th at 11:00 at the Knoll Park Church. I know most if not all of you probably went to my sister Callies farewell, it is going to be in the same church, but if you werent there here is the address. 160 N 460 W. in Salem. I would love to see each of you there if you can. Again thank you again for all of your support and I will be seeing you all soon. Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment