Sunday, September 6, 2015

August 20, 2015 - Part 2

I asked Chad some questions about where he was staying and what he was eating....Mom stuff. This is his reply. Hi Mom! We didn't get sick but yeah there has been several epidemics going around since I got here, all that has happened to me is that I had an ingrown toenail, it got infected, and I was at the Doctor for an hour on Saturday while they numbed my toe and cut out the infected toenail on the side, don't worry its all better now and actually my health has never been better! I didn't even realize that they were starting school this week! That is so crazy to think about! I'm sure that it will be a great year for all of them though and I am excited to hear all the updates about how everything is going. I should be fine without all that stuff, as soon as I get to Oaxaca Ill be able to go to Walmart or something to get it. So we live in a house that has 5 bedrooms with 4 beds in each room. We sleep on bunkbeds so there are 4 people to a room. There are bathrooms in each room and they are nice bathrooms with hot water and two sinks. We have a laundry room in each house and we each have an assigned day to do laundry. We usually play soccer or basketball on P-Day, go take a nap, and do our laundry. There is a store here on the MTC campus where we buy our laundry supplies and snacks and stuff. We get 100 pesos of credit each week to spend in there. I also just bought me a sweet leather scripture case with Moroni on the front of it. For breakfast it depends on the day, they always have the drinkable yogurt, toast, and fruit loops and frosted flakes. But then some days they will have pancakes, or french toast, and other days they will have chicken tamales. They tricked me one day when I saw crepes on the counter, I got one and it was filled with beans and I don't know if Ill be able to eat a crepe again ;) But it is like the cannon center where there is always fresh fruit and salad stuff. Lunch and Dinner depend too, some days it will be American food like Hamburgers or Corn Dogs or Pizza every Tuesday. They always have corn tortillas and some kind of meat to put on them along with rice and beans. I haven't had diarrhea yet but some of my companions have. My language is coming good and my teachers have told me that they are really impressed with how fast I am picking it up. I can speak it pretty good now and get my points across but there is always more to learn. I was telling Dad that we were talking to a Teacher from Oaxaca who said everyones first language there is Mexotecan, and so we will be learning that soon. This MTC is like the Provo one where they have volunteers come in to take the discussions. Some people like Clarissa are referred here. Unfortunately she got turned over to the Mexico City Missionaries but we heard that she is still taking the discussions so that is good! I get my travel plans on Monday, and there is a possibility that Ill be able to call you from the Airport, so Ill let you know when Ill be flying out and what the plan is for that! I love you Love, Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment