Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015 - Week 2 in the field

Hello Everyone!! Well Ill get started with this right away since I have had lots of emails about this. So I guess this has been all over the news back in Utah so Ill go ahead and address it. This week my mission president got shot in the legs in an armed robbery. It was an accidental shooting as the attacker was fighting someone trying to stop the robbery. The gun went off and the bullets happened to find President. He is doing okay and we were able to talk to his wife the next day and everyone is okay. I was not with him during this but the Subway is 5 minutes from our house, so this was definately a humbling experience. But I also know that we are in the hands of the Lord and that we will always be protected here. Alright so here is how my week went...still lots of struggles with Spanish but slowly and surely it is coming along. This is always a miracle when I learn one new word each lesson and conversation and I am always grateful for it. Tuesday-We made progress with Angelica and Nidia and continued to help them towards baptism. We had great lessons with both of them. Unfortunately we only had these two lessons as the rest fell through. We walked around trying to find contacts and placing the pamphlets and talking about the family. It was a somewhat difficult day Wednesday- We had 2 college students approach us and ask us to do interviews with them in English for one of their classes. These interviews turned into discussions and we were able to refer them to the missionaries in their area. It was fun to talk and teach in English to these people! We also talked to Luis Ruiz, who has been coming to church for 5 weeks but is scared of the water to get baptized. I shared my favorite scripture with him Second Tim 1,7 and he is getting baptized soon!! Thursday- It was another difficult day. We felt prompted to go to a members home to see if she needed help. Her name is Eufracia and she is 87 years old. She had been sitting in a chair all day because her knees hurt too bad to walk. We gave her a blessing and on Sunday when we went back she made us lunch and was doing great!! Friday- We did splits this day. I went with Elder Huaman from Peru. It was in the rich part of town and I am so grateful for the humility of people. It made me so grateful for my area. This area was really really hard as we had doors slammed in our faces. But the food experience he gave me was great. I ate the Nacho Libre Corn with Chili Sauce and Sour Cream, it was great. But the best part was the Tlayudas. It is a quesodilla type thing with beef and Oaxaca cheese and a BBQ Chili Sauce in it. It was AMAZING. Saturday- Another Difficult day in the area. We had several lessons fall through again but we met Mirella, who was the most excited person I have ever met about the Book of Mormon. She had tons of questions and we sat at her house for 2 hours answering them. We meet again with her next week. Sunday-Hardest Day of the Mission. We got to watch the Mexico City Temple dedication which was awesome. We heard from Elder Holland and Pres. Eyring. We had our whole afternoon schedule packed with 2nd and 3rd lessons with everyone. Nidia and Angelica said they didn´t want to hear from us was rough. We knocked on 46 doors this day but I know the Lord will provide us a way to bring the gospel into peoples lives. Thank you for all of your prayers, love and support!! Love Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment