Sunday, September 6, 2015

September 1, 2015 - I Am Here!!

Hello Everyone!! Wow so much has happened in the last 2 days I don´t even know where to begin to start! First off Oaxaca is BEAUTIFUL! The people, culture, food, everything is just amazing. We got down here yesterday and went to the Presidents house to have breakfast. We met our President, President Madsen and his wife and they are the best. We had training all day yesterday and then we stayed the night in the Mission Office. I just got to my area, Juchitan (Hu-chi-tan) and it is amazing here as well. We had a 6 hour bus ride this morning and it was the first time that I have ever been car sick, the road was a windy and narrow road the whole way going through the mountains but I made it here alive so everything is good! I got here and met my companion, Elder Lee from Pleasant Grove and the first thing that he said to me was ¨This is the only English you are going to hear from me for 6 weeks, we aren´t speaking English from here on out¨ I am so grateful for that! I am picking up the Spanish slowly but surely and eventually it will get there. We went shopping just barely in Walmart so I think I can survive here. The climate and scenery here is like Southern Utah Millard County, and I am so grateful for that! I stepped off the plane and for a second I thought that I was in Kanosh! Haha but it is so green, there are palm trees, mountains, rivers, lots and lots of different colors of plants. You would have to be here to know the full effect of it. The people are dressed in traditional Mexican clothing on the side of the streets, we ride around in the little Motocabs that you see on the Amazing Race. I think I am going to love it here. Thank you for all of your support and I will talk to you all next week with an update on the first week!! Love Elder Chad Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment